Paradigm Shift 27 Sept 2019 4zzz fm 102.1 Friday at Noon.
Kashmir is an ancient country in Central Asia surrounded by Pakistan, India, and China. It is currently under Indian military occupation with a curfew imposed. During the cold war both Pakistan and India were client states of the US and the USSR respectively. Now India is under populist control of a Hindu nationalist, Modi, supported by US President Trump.
On 26 Sept 2019 President Imran Khan warned the UN General Assembly of possible nuclear conflict over Kashmir if a massacre occurs when the curfew is lifted. What is the truth of the matter? How do we inform ourselves?
Ian interviews Jamshied Kashkari about crisis in Kashmir.
- What is Kashmir (Scenic beauty of Kashmir)? Where is its Geographic Location and who are its people?
- When did the dispute over Kashmir begin (When India brought forces in Kashmir)? What is the current situation as Kashmir has been in lock-down for last 50 days
- Is the dispute religious?
- Who have colonized Kashmir?
- The second Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nazim Uddin, once stated: ‘I do not agree that religion is a private Affair of the individual nor do I agree that in an Islamic state every citizen has identical rights, no matter what his caste, creed or faith be.’ Pls comment?
- What does freedom mean to Kashmiris?
- Why does the rape of Kashmiri women by the Indian military go unreported?
- Please describe the close intelligence and security cooperation between Israel and India in Kashmir?
- Please explain what the revocation of Article 370 (of the Constitution of India) means? What is purpose of removing it? Similarly, with Article 35A?
- Prime minister Modi of India tweeted on the 6th of August 2019 the following words: “I salute my sisters and brothers of Jammu Kashmir and Ladakh for their courage and resilience. For years vested interests’ groups who believe in an emotional blackmail never cared for people’s empowerment. J & K is now free from the shackles. A New Dawn, a better tomorrow awaits!” What does Modi mean? Please comment on this?
- What will happen now?
- President Imran Khan has withdrawn Pakistan’s ambassador from India and has expelled his Indian counterpart. He has called on the UN to send in peacekeepers. What are united nations resolutions? Will they work? If not, why not?
- Palestinian resistance against Israel has been stronger than the Kashmiris struggle against India. Why?
- Kashmir is bounded by 3 nuclear arms states: India Pakistan and China. A fourth nuclear power, the United States, occupies nearby Afghanistan. Is nuclear war likely?
- What can ordinary people do to help the struggle of the Kashmiri people for freedom?
- Have you anything else to add?
‘Yo Vengo Ofrecer Mi Corazon‘ & ‘Satellites’ by Jumping Fences
From Within, from Without by The Beatles
One Step by Kooii
Mayi Chani by Ali Saffudin
Satellites by Jumping Fences
Photo: Alex Bainbridge … Kashmiri Rally in KGSq Brisbane 21 Sept 2019.
Article 370 (of the Constitution of India)